Monday, March 03, 2014

My Favorite Creation

Blog-a-thon Day #3 Prompt: Look at your body of creative work past and present. What work is your favorite? Why?
As a stage actress, I would have to say Nellie in South Pacific. .. as corny in Kansas as that sounds.   I had always wanted to play Maria in Sound of Music- another Rodgers and Hammerstein hit. . .Nellie was the closest I got ;-)

As a singer/songwriter, my work with The Pacha Mamas was a joy. . .all the three part harmony we did and good times we had creating together. . .juicy! I posted a song I wrote and sang with them as part of day 1 of the blog-a-thon.  Check it out if you haven't already!!!

As a producer/playwright of sorts, and probably the thing I'm most proud of to date is "Wildwood Flowers: The June Carter Musical" .  . .which actually surprised me when I thought about it.  The show quite frankly was a financial disaster, BUT an artistic success in the end, winning Creative Loafing's (of Charlotte, NC) Best Musical of the Year award after being tweaked from it's original production in Nashville, TN the prior year.  In a nutshell, I'm most proud of it because it really took something of me to bring this story to life. . .it took me really putting myself out on the line and I fell hard in someways but I'm still here to write about it and I still have the gumption to write that my next musical creation, "Goddesspell" is Broadway bound.  It may take awhile, but I'm in it for the duration and I'm taking everything that I've learned from my failures and trying AGAIN and I will keep trying!!  Watch me fly!

1 comment:

  1. Angela! It is so exciting to learn about the work you do and see the energy, passion, and expertise behind it!

    ReplyDelete