Friday, March 14, 2014

Goddesspell is for EVERYONE

The underlying message of Goddesspell has to do with finding balance in the world.  I started my Roots Productions newsletter last month with this picture and note: 
Cold Weather, Warm Hearts!
(Picture taken with my iPhone at 2pm on Feb. 12th in GA)

Come on!  Who doesn't love a cold, icy day in the south!!  EVERYTHING shuts down and most everyone stays cuddled up at home.  We could all use an excuse to slow down, chill out, spend relaxed time with family and friends in the comfort of our warm homes.  It's a great time to pull out a book or just get quiet and listen. . .listen to our heart. . .listen to the hearts of the ones we love. . .take a little more time just being. . . feeling the connection to the divine in ourselves and in those around us.  Why is it that it takes snow and ice for us to REALLY slow down and take more time just being.   If we took the time to do this regularly in our lives we probably wouldn't be as stressed . .or depressed.  Am I right?  This is what I believe and is why I'm such a big advocate of affirming the feminine spirit in the world. I believe it's the feminine aspects of ourselves (men included!) that make it a priority to BE.  We live in an amazing world with so many amazing things and yet we are still committing so many atrocities to each other, ourselves and the planet.  I believe that bringing the feminine aspects/energies in balance with the masculine will result in actions/creativity coming more often from a place of BEING in touch with Source/the divine/intuition (inspired), from a place of empathy and compassion for each other and the world, from our HEARTS! So. . .Happy Valentines Day!!! 
A male friend of mine responded to my newsletter in an email:
Hmmmmm.   Good stuff.   I know where you are coming from, and can see your beliefs, but labeling stuff as feminine and masculine, and one as more good, and the other as less good, can be excluding.   I know the energies you're talking about, and embrace your message, but I think to call one feminine and the other masculine is to simplify our existence, since we are all part of one great whole - maybe it's just how we express and experience that oneness with God that leads to differences.  Maybe I'm splitting hairs, since I agree with your call to consciousness, it's just I find the word feminine - limiting. 
This is of course my fear with people's initial reaction to Goddesspell without really understanding my intentions.  So, my response to his email is my response to anyone making similar assumptions:
I appreciate your feedback. In no way am I labeling one good and one bad. I'm saying we are out of balance. Yes I could say yin and yang. The truth is in the world of the relative there is male and female. Masculine and feminine. What I'm calling feminine energy are those qualities that are in reality inherently feminine.  The word feminine gets a bad wrap in my opinion bc it's associated with feminism. I agree that ultimately it has nothing to do with masculine and feminine but humanity in general is not there yet. It is still an extremely patriarchal world that for the most part refers to God as He. With love Angela 
I believe that when our the feminine attributes (yin energy- centered in being/inward movement) are treated as equally important as our masculine (yang- centered in action/outward movement), we create a much more joyful world with much less pain.
Here was my friend's response to my email:
You wouldn't be taking about the same God who "created man on his own image"?  You wouldn't be talking about the same male energy that has subjugated women for centuries?  I hear you roar, woman, keep banging on that drum!! 
You can sign up for my Roots Productions monthly newsletter here. . .which includes updates on my personal productions/retreats, general articles on different ways to find balance in your personal life AND really cool events and things other people are doing!!
You can also "friend" my Goddesspell Facebook page as a way of supporting the creation.  
(It helps potential producers see what kind of interest there is.)  
THANKS for your support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment