Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Planting Seeds

First of all, yes. . . I jumped off the Blog-a-thon bandwagon .  . just too hard for me while traveling!  I've been staying as present I can with beauty surrounding me. .the land, the people, the energy, the miraculous unfolding.  Last week I was in the bay area and stayed in Aptos at the Enchanted Cottage.
I had the opportunity to go up to San Fran for part of a day.  I had the intention of planting seeds around Goddesspell having a life there and also of maintaining my connection with our Mother Mawu, Soyinka.  When we met her, she was her magnificent African Queen self with her beautiful head wrap and big smile.  . BIG presence and my time with her was just another affirmation of the "rightness" in bringing her on to work on this show with me in this role.  I was excited to hear her explorations in the music realm as I believe it is a step in her expansion into taking on this role with Goddesspell.  Anahata, who is the music director got to meet her for the first time and we spent dinner getting to know each other a little better.  I lamented the fact that I didn't get a picture of all three of us together for the first time!!!  A momentous occasion given what is ahead of us!
But here is the beautiful picture of Soyinka that I use on the website.
Before meeting Soyinka, Anahata and I had been handed bouquets of tulips as we stepped out of the parking lot on our way to meet her.  A hispanic man, who I guess had been selling them, was done with his shift and just gave them to us. . .thank you goddess!  Once we found Soyinka, we went to the Theatre Bay Area office.  We burst in unannounced, flowers in hand, and created what I believe became a pleasant distraction for a few minutes asking questions about producers, venues and the best way to try to connect to the community with our intention to bring the show there.   Everyone was so kind, open and helpful and I got several pieces of very helpful information.  We left them some flowers on our way out.  It was simply a beautiful experience.
The next day Anahata and I  left the Enchanted Cottage and headed south on Hwy 1. I was feeling very grateful and blessed for my brief but productive time in the Bay Area.  The views of the coast only expanded those feelings and my love for Mother Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment