Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrating Divine Men!!! (And divine intervention!)

My personal definition of divine men: those who are mastering balance with their own feminine energy, who acknowledge our cultural imbalance, the imbalance in the world at large; and most of all who actively respect, affirm, and celebrate the feminine qualities/energy and specifically the women who embody them.  I am so deeply moved by them and their example.

It's funny. . .this past Tues. night as I was doing some work on the computer that didn't require too much focus, I felt inspired to listen to a recording done by Lisa Michaels of Natural Rhythms on what is going on astrologically this month (you can listen to the "Lisa and Cayelin Recording Sacred Cross Illumination Libra Mars April 8", just click here and scroll to the bottom of the page).   You have to understand that this sort of thing is TOTALLY atypical of me!  But the message was so perfect and affirmed the direction I've been moving in recently.  They talked of Mars in Libra. . . . signifying the masculine coming into balance etc.  And then I think it was Lisa who said that it's time to focus on the balance that is happening rather than the imbalance.. . especially when it comes to men and their contribution to the balance.

Funny thing is that right after my last interview with Jan Christiansen a couple weeks ago (see previous post), I went over to Charis Books because I was intrigued by a presentation Dick Bathrick was doing on his book, "We Are the Work: The Making of Men Stopping Violence".   I don't know Dick personally, but he is obviously well loved and I could tell why just by listening to him for a relatively brief time.  The house was packed and he exuded very loving masculine energy. I have been reading his book ever since and it has given me lots of food for thought especially in terms of how deeply engrained our culture is in the ways it suppresses/oppresses the feminine.  But mostly, it has given me inspiration for ideas on how to end  Goddesppell not only by looking at this subject at a more personal level, but by really celebrating and putting an emphasis on men like Dick and their inspiring work to bring things into balance - as a way to inspire others.

AND THEN!  I found out about a book signing Jimmy Carter was going to do at the Presidential Library just this last Wed.  I was somewhat familiar with the fact that he has done lots of amazing humanitarian work since his presidency and thought he would probably be speaking before his book signing.  So, I made a point of arriving 2 hours early to make sure I got a seat.  Shortly after arriving, I realized that he would only be signing books and that I needed  to buy his book to even participate.  I was temporarily disappointed and wasn't originally planning on buying his book.  But I got quiet and checked in. . . knew I needed to get it and stay, so I did.  And BOY, I was not disappointed!

As I waited in line, it moved through his museum and I read and saw videos about his work.  I had NO IDEA of the breadth of what he has done for the good of human kind.  I literally was moved to tears.  I also did not know, or didn't remember that he won a noble peace prize for the work that came out of the creation of The Carter Center (which is on the same property as the Presidential Library and Museum).   I thought to myself, "I am witnessing one of the great divine men of our time!"  How synchronistic given the theme of the last week!  So, I finally got to the room he was signing in and noticed that even though he is 89 years old and there were hundreds of people going through the line that he took the time to connect with each one- looking at them and sometimes having a quick exchange.  By the time I got to him, I was so moved that I said with utmost sincerity, "Thanks so much for ALL you do."  He looked at me and smiled with such loving eyes and said "Thank YOU . . and we're still having fun!".

The next day,  I went back to the Carter Center grounds to eat lunch because they it was so gorgeous with all the flowers in bloom (the pond etc) and I hadn't had a chance to explore the outdoors the evening before.  I ended up having a poignant exchange with a man who was obviously homeless and had been sitting in a hidden, secluded area near where I was eating lunch. It was apparent that he was trying to remain invisible so as not to bring attention to himself.  I was a little nervous about approaching him after finishing my food, but felt inspired.  I asked him if he was ok and he told me he was and then I asked him if he was hungry and he said "always".  I gave him a choice of some chips or my pear.  He chose the pear and as I handed it to him, he looked up at me with warm beautiful eyes and thanked me and told me how kind I was.  He looked like he was the age of someone who as a Vietnam war veteran.  He had long matted hair, his clothes were dirty, his face worn but he seemed present and his face was kind.  I was moved by his look and his soft kind words and as I walked away I cried a few tears.  Once again I could feel the significance of the moment.

I'm so grateful for the beautiful men that show up in such kind and gentle ways and the role that they are playing in helping us find more compassion and kindness in life in general.  I would be remiss not to mention Jesus Christ here as the epitome of a divine man, especially given the time of year!

I got into my car to head to my next appointment and my eye caught the bag with Jimmy Carter's book in it.  I didn't know anything about the book so I choose to read the back before leaving and it blew me away all things considering.  It was a definite affirmation of the work I know I'm here to do with Goddesspell as a vehicle.  Here is what was written:
"There is a system of discrimination, extending far beyond any small geographical region to the entire globe; it touches every nation, perpetuating and expanding the trafficking of human slaves, body mutilation, and even legitimized murder on a massive scale.  This system is based on the presumption that men and boys are superior to women and girls, and it is supported by some male religious leaders who distort the Holy Bible, the Koran, and other sacred texts to perpetuate their claim that females are, in some basic ways, inferior to them, unqualified to serve God on equal terms.  Many men disagree but remain quiet in order to enjoy the benefits of their dominant status.  this false premise provides a justification for sexual discrimination in almost every realm of secular and religious life.  Some men even cite this premise to justify physical punishment of women and girls.  Contributing to the abuse of women and girls is an acceptance of violence, from unwarranted armed combat to excessive and biased punishment for those who violate the law." (Excerpt from the Introduction)

You can help to bring more balance to the world via Goddesspell
 by making a tax deductible donation,  
You can also help by "liking" the Goddesspell page on Facebook. 
(It helps potential producers/investors to see interest!)
THANKS!!! and LOVE!!!
Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment